Can We Phase Into Outsourcing?
Are you considering outsourcing, but not quite ready to make the plunge? If so, you’re not alone.
It’s a big change for a company to outsource all their tech support needs; not only do you have to find an excellent outsource company to work with, it’s critical to properly manage the transition to ensure its success.
One solution is to phase into outsourcing in gradual but well-planned stages. By taking the time to strategically plan your rollout, the more likely you will have a successful and long term transition.
To get started, do a solid needs-probe within your company to determine exactly what areas your IT team needs help. Spend time in your IT department and take a serious look at the work your project managers and systems analysts are doing.
How much of their day is spent handling routine requests, like password resets? How much of their time is spent troubleshooting more complex issues? Gathering data on what work is being done and in what volume will assist you in hiring the right level of support for your company.
Choose your outsource company carefully. You need to make sure that they can accommodate all levels of support to meet your ever-evolving technology needs.
If your goal is to take the routine tasks off the plate of your IT team, you’ll be able to work with Tier 0 or Tier 1 support. Outsourcing at that level will provide you with some immediate results:
- IT team will work more productively as they aren’t being distracted with several small interruptions each day.
- Customers will be able to speak with a live person, who is well-versed in customer support.
- If the problem is straight-forward, such as a password reset, the agent responding to the call will be able to resolve that quickly.
- For more complex problems, the agent answering the phone will be able to document the support issue and route it to the correct person quickly.
Once you have a Tier 0-1 in place, it’s time to phase-in Tier 2 support. This level of support is for complex issues that take more than 10 minutes to troubleshoot.
When a call comes in for this kind of problem, you have the benefit of having a great customer support team in place who can answer the phone and gather information to pass on to Tier 2. This provides two outstanding benefits:
- Clients prefer to speak to a live person, and the “triage” your Tier 0 or 1 agents offerensures client calls are responded to quickly, creating customer satisfaction.
- Speeds up the troubleshooting process. Tier 0 or 1 agents gather information about the issueallowing Tier 2 technicians to focus on solving it.
By phasing into using an outsourced IT company, you will increase overall productivity, improve customer satisfaction and provide the level of support your customers require.