Benefits of Outsourced Help Desk Services
We live in a fast-paced world dominated by computer technology. But if a customer’s technology isn’t working, neither are they. The old adage is true: “time is money,” and no one wants to experience delays in getting their support issues resolved.
Today, the challenge for any IT business is to have adequate resources to staff their help desk, which ultimately costs the company money. But if they fail to do this, customers will leave because they aren’t receiving the level of support they need.
A great solution to your help desk woes is to hire an outsourced help desk support team. Here are five benefits of working with an outsourced support team.
- Enhanced coverage: What happens if a West Coast customer needs support, but your office on the East Coast is already closed for the day? That customer will be frustrated by the time delay, and that’s a sure recipe for complaints.
By using an outsourced support team, you’ll be able to provide coverage over multiple time zones, and perhaps even be able to offer 24/7 support. Extending your service hours is a distinct competitive advantage in business and will lead to customer satisfaction.
- Reduce the load for HR: Turn-over can be high because of the demands of working on a support desk. It takes HR personnel many hours to recruit, interview, and train new hire(s). All of those activities are a hard cost to your company.
An excellent solution is outsourcing your support desk. The outsourced company is responsible for recruiting, training, and the overhead of employee salaries and benefits. They also handle tracking of PTO and other HR related tasks. This becomes a huge time—and money—savings to your company.
- The best of the best: Recruiting talent takes time . . . and money. Salaries have to be competitive to attract IT experts to your team. You also need a solid retention strategy, so you can keep professionals on your team.
Companies that specialize in outsource support have systems in place to recruit, hire, and train fully-vetted, knowledgeable help desk experts. Your company benefits from having a top-tier support desk, which results in increased customer satisfaction.
- Faster response time: When your company attempts to handle all of its own support tickets, there will be an inevitable delay in response time. The fact is: you can’t staff up to meet increased demand times quick enough.
A dedicated outsourced support team can ramp up quickly and pull resources more efficiently to meet an increase in support tickets. The result: Your customers are served at the highest level, and your internal staff is not working overtime.
- Reduced costs: The sophisticated computer and telecommunications systems required for a support desk team are expensive, and you need trained professionals to help maintain that equipment long term.
These systems are purchased and maintained by the outsourced company, saving you thousands of dollars annually in equipment costs alone.
The solution to improving your customer experience and increasing company profits is simple: Hire an outsourced support team!